söndag 25 januari 2009

About Clarity, Compassion and Choice…

As I want this blog to be a space where I share some of my thoughts, discoveries, securities and insecurities, about myself and the world I wanted to initiate with a post on a quite important resent discovery of mine.

As I had the opportunity of spending a few months in Stockholm, before leaving to Argentina, AIESEC Sweden really enabled me to process part of my AIESEC Experience through engaging me in different activities of theirs. One incredible inspiring realization, was on the question on the role of AIESEC. As for now, I understand the role of AIESEC “as the responsibility of its alumni”. It helps me to understand how I can relate to an organization, which for many years have meant so much to me. Another important realization of mine came as I was preparing for the AIESEC Sweden 60th Anniversary a few months back I reflected on some of the central themes of how I have come to understand leadership. I want to capture it here they are reoccurring in how I strive to relate to my trip in South America. Three central themes emerged and those were clarity, compassion and choice.

These themes are important for me because they inspire me on a daily basis. Everyday, I want to strive towards being clear about my role in the world. Every day I want to recognize and feel responsible that I have a choice and with that, choose to see the best in people, choose to learn from the past, live and act in the present and be inspired by the future. Every day I want to dare to be compassionate towards myself, my peers and to the world.

Having said that, as I am posting this I am preparing for a two weeks trip in the mountains of Mendoza, Argentina. The trip will be about experiencing nature, hike, speak Spanish and be in my relationship. Another way of articulating what these weeks will be about is to practice compassion towards myself, my love and the nature. I shall look forward to capture some of the experience here.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar