söndag 25 januari 2009

About learning a new language…

As I am learning a new language I am experiencing that what I know and do is very often articulated through linguistic means. Learning a new language, is in a sense like becoming a child again, and I am experiencing that I am growing in the pace I am improving my capacity to express my linguistic intentions. Having said that, it is with great admiration and respect that I appreciate other means of communication than the spoken. The beauty of learning a language, is the every day tangible learning process I go through and the intimacy through which I get to connect to the people and the culture of the country I am in. Every day I get to talk with people I most probable wouldn't have talked to unless I was not discovering a new language, their language and every day I get to add new words to my vocabulary. It has been incredible to experience the willingness of people to help. My ambition of learning their language becomes their mission. The Spanish language is still a stranger to me and I am still a disaster in speaking it, but I am learning and that is beautiful. Sooner than later I hope to leave a Spanish post on this space.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar