fredag 27 mars 2009

About bonito Bonito and bonito Bolivia,

So before heading to Bolivia, I got to spend a fantastic day with a dear friend of mine in Bonito, Brazil! We went to Rio Da Prata.which for the second year a row was ranked as Brazil's best attraction.Not having experienced all the rest, I wouldn't be the right person to tell, but my spontaneous feeling after having been dropped into an aquarium, with colorful fishes,anacondas *(we didn't see one), Caymans, and other animals, and on top of that flow in a stream was an incredible experience. I am a diver and usually when I get the question on the difference between diving and snorkeling, I tell myself and others that the real beauty with diving is that you get to become one with the underwater world, as opposed to when you are snorkeling, then you get to visit the under water world. I still feel the same around this specific question,however,the experience in Bonito was very diving like,because of the shallow water. Thus, the Bonito experience was incredible because I got to become one with the underwater world once again, in the same was as the Pantanal experience was incredible because we got to live in the jungle for a few days,as opposed to just visit the animals at a zoo.

After a late night, I took the morning bus to Corumba to cross the border to Bolivia. Reaching there, there were no train tickets which is from what I have heard the best way of experiencing the travel from the south of Bolivia to Santa Cruz, thus, my mean of transpiration became a bus. It was by far the most challenging bus ride so far in South America, partly because of the condition of the bus, but mainly because of the roads,which were muddy, slippery, and at times covered with lots of water. Without going into details about the specific events,they were enough to lack some sleep for the upcoming day in Santa Cruz. Following the news about the Dengue fever, which currently is draining the city, I was keen on enter and leaving the city. Even though I had gathered information that the situation had improved, I wouldn't like to risk to get ill. Read more about Dengue fever here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dengue_fever and specifically for Bolivia, here http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-03/08/content_10968448.htm. Unfortunately, this specific day, there were no buses to La Paz (world highest capital). In the past, it was common in Bolivia to block villages in protest for different things, often politically related, but today it is a lot less common, thus, a rather unfortunate event. Recognizing a tight deadline to reach to Bogota (I am planned to be there the 31st of March), I was keen on progressing, especially, since no one really knew for how long the blockade would last. My option became to join a Bolivian group of 7, who together jumped into a car, which assumed a different rout to La Paz, across the mountains. The road conditions were, again very bad, but what a fantastic country!!! I was amazed by the nature and the scenery, so the light hours of the trip just disappeared in humbleness. However, the darkness came and so did issues with the car. The steering broke down, which delayed us a few hours, however, after around 40 hrs of non stop traveling I arrived to La Paz this morning. The day here has been incredible. I am amazed by the country, and I have respects for its challenges. There is a burning need for positive leadership here. I haven't for a second regretted the decision of crossing the continent over land, absolutely amazing!

Tomorrow, I am heading to Peru, I shall look forward to that. For now, I am just very peaceful, loving the beauty of Bolivia and the world, also, I look forward to some sleep!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar