söndag 20 december 2009

About AIESEC – finally a well deserved good case practice


When I was in AIESEC I always had the feeling that the organizations was in between 5-15 years ahead of time… being a proud alumni I still believe that is the case and that is why I am still keen to monitor what the organization is up to!

The last few weeks have been amazing and almost emotional because AIESEC has achieved enormous results and being aware of them! Back in 2005 the organization created a dream – not a random dream, but a dream that was based on real events. The method appreciative inquiry helped the organization understand: when the organization is at its best, how is it and how can what it is, be replicated, every day! (read again if difficult to understand)

From when the dream was created, generation after generation have had clarity, consistency, determination and measurement in place to understand health and success of the organization and that has enabled AIESEC to double its impact in 5 years!

How many organizations in the world can say that they actually over achieved a 5 year vision? Maybe a few! How many can say the same, after having changed leadership every year during those 5 years? Very few! This is not only a good case practice for AIESEC, but for any organization…clarity, determination, consistency, monitoring and measurement have had a profound impact!

I am the first to admit that I was one of the people who did challenge some of these goals two years back… I asked if they were too ambitious? If they were still motivating etc! I am glad that some of my peers fought back!!! Thank you for doing that and for proving me super wrong then and also now!

Congratulations AIESEC – spread the word, what you have done is amazing!

Thank you 61 generations of AIESECers, but in particular, Brodie, Dey, Gabiza, Juan and Aman!

A proud alumni and a big fan!

Emanuel

2 kommentarer: