lördag 19 december 2009

Are we living a prisoner’s dilemma?

Prisoner’s dilemma is a fundamental problem in game theory and it is a good way to articulate why it is so difficult to cooperate even if it is in everyone’s interest to do so! Maybe the COP 15 meeting in Copenhagen was from the start to the end a prisoner’s dilemma?

Our current guiding idea is that if someone win, someone ells has to loose. I believe there are no situations that has to end in a win-loose situation! Some could argue I am naïve and maybe I am – but I would argue again, that it only comes back to our guiding ideas….! Having been a quite ambitions soccer player I was taught that for me to win someone has to loose and it is actually first now, years after I have stopped playing that I am realizing how destructive that was for me, for my team and for sport… sport should be about uniting through competition and in the end, simply the fact that sport is existing and that games are played is a win-win!

I do appreciate competing, but the element of winning is not about making sure someone ells loose, but instead making sure we all thrive in what we are doing.

In the context of the world we cannot afford to continue to have a win-lose guiding idea, simple because earth is one and need to be treaded as ONE and if we want to be here we need to be one team, humanity in nature together as ONE...Our opportunity as a collective – shape and create new guiding ideas, an opportunity of a lifetime and it has never been more important that it is right now! Lets not focus on talking about the failure in Copenhagen and nopenhagen or whatever, but instead start creating and shaping new guiding ideas.. it can start NOW! In everything that I do I will seek win-win, as my fundamental guiding idea recognizing that there has to be such outcome no matter what I do!

Until later

Emanuel

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar